Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Daddy's Day

What a wonderful group of kiddos we have. For Father's Day this year the girls baked their daddy a chocolate cake and decorated all by themselves. Seriously, I never stepped foot into the kitchen until it was time to eat it and boy was it yummy! They made it look like the cake was a shirt and then decorated it with a tie and Happy Father's Day written on it (see picture). I took the girls shopping for their daddy and of course we bought him a watch...AGAIN! The man can't go 6 months without breaking his watch. Between watches and sunglasses, I can't tell you how many I've bought through the years. So this time the girls picked out a very durable watch. It's a Swiss Army watch which is supposed to be one of the most durable ones made, we'll see! I'm sure by Christmas he'll need a new one. In his defense Payton broke the watch before last.



Daddy can't put a shirt on he was sunburned too bad from working in the yard!




So, just like every year Audie spent most of the day watching the US Open and once that was over we headed out for a nice family dinner at one of our favorite places, Buck and Ozzy's. It's a family oriented restaurant with an outdoor play area and they have live music on the wknds. Baylee always says she is going to have a "gig" there one day.....LOL!


Bittersweet

On Tuesday Reagan, Payton, Ainslee and I made the 4.5 hr trip to take Reagan to camp. (I'll post more about it like where and what camp after she gets home. I'm not comfortable posting that when she's still there.) I was very nervous about the trip but it really wasn't bad at all. I had it all planned out (imagine that). We stuck to the plan which included potty breaks , food stops, when and where they would take place. It was all good!

So we get there and what I wasn't prepared for were my emotions (which I managed to control until we left). I've never been away from any of my girls for more than 2 days so 6 is quite a stretch for me. I sent her with a cell phone so that she can call me if she feels the need to BUT being out in the boonies, she can't get service on it. She has called a few times from her coach's cell phone that happens to get service out there. Not sure if it's better or worse fro me when she calls because I just seem to get upset all over again when I hear from her. I miss her terribly, only 3 more days to go!


NEWS NEWS NEWS!

Okay, so I thought that only my kids could make me so proud BUT I need to just say how excited I am for my sister-in-law, Chezna. She's a model in the making! I guess about a month ago she was offered a photo shoot (I don't know all the details) and went for it. She is now doing photo shoots right and left, and is modeling for a few different local magazines! I have always told her that she belongs on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, even after giving birth to twins! From what I understand they are keeping her very busy and she is loving it! I can remember those days myself, the excitement it brings is so great. Now days of course I don't have the body much less the TIME! Chezna, we love you and couldn't be more proud just don't forget us when you're famous...HAHA!

I ripped this picture off her new myspace!